Senior Business Development Director
Senior Business Development Director
Location: Houston, TX
A leading provider of maintenance, environmental engineering/remediation, infrastructure EPC program management, and disaster response/recovery for private sector and government customers is seeking a for an experience Business Development Director. The BDR will work with the Vice President of Business Development to direct and manage the business sector. The successful candidate will also identify potential clients and new opportunities in the Company’s core and adjacent skill sets such as Operations & Maintenance, Environmental Services, Industrial Engineering, Refinery, Oil, Gas & Chemical, Renewables, etc. The successful candidate will support and guide the development of effective capture strategies for targeted opportunities and be able to increase sales across our chosen end markets.
- Bring, and manage, key client relationships, as well as provide executive sponsorship for some clients.
- Travel with account leaders to meetings with clients and partners to develop strategic relationships.
- Manage overall client expectations and contribute to a high level of client satisfaction.
- Participate in growth strategy development for the Business Unit.
- Leads and/or supports capture teams in pursuit planning; development of win themes; and preparation of compelling proposals, presentations, and marketing materials.
- Develops and maintains long-lasting and meaningful relationships with clients as well as industry teaming partners; collaborating to find solutions to challenging infrastructure projects and organizational issues.
- Monitors market conditions, innovations and trends, and competitors’ performance, pricing and sales strategies to maximize competitive stance
- Identify and develop new business and revenue streams from new and previously under-explored and under-developed initiatives and/or accounts.
- Supports marketing, sales of large multimillion dollar projects/programs, teaming partnerships and client engagement activities to implement business development initiatives.
- Leads company capabilities presentations with customers.
- Participation in industry and client organizations, trade shows, etc. as a strategic part of client development
- Develop client relationships through face to face meetings and client entertainment
- Assist Company leadership with developing deep client relationships
- Work with Operations and Project staff to enhance the company’s profit and client relationships across Operations and Project staffing levels
- Maintain infrastructure and systems to support the success of the business development program. Lead by example in use of CRM systems (Salesforce).
- Be responsible for detailed and accurate sales and revenue forecasts (including secured and potential sales, strategic opportunities, competitive analysis, course corrections, market trends, etc.).
- Maintain a culture of success, including highly-visible leadership by example; firm professional expectations; discipline in sales process, policy, and pipeline; regular professional development; and collaboration across teams.
- Must have proven track record of business development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills expected
- Travel as necessary to perform duties
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Marketing or similar fields.
- Must have at least 15 years of industry experience.
- Must have at least 10 years of Business Development experience in the targeted markets
- Well versed in Capital projects
- Have heavy Industrial background
- Have experience with Turnarounds and Industrial Maintenance
- Be familiar with Union shops
- Understands refineries
- Be proficient in negotiating contracts (with the support of the legal team) with clients and partners.