- To design, coordinate and execute experimental pilot plant studies to develop new or improved refining and petrochemical processes and equipment.
- To perform pressure vessel and piping design per ASME code
- To perform process equipment sizing and calculations in collaboration with process engineers including heat exchangers, columns, rotating equipment and instruments.
- To generate 3D parts, assembly models and 2D drawings.
- Engage in project engineering and direct pilot plant construction, modification and operation to support R&D projects.
- Apply knowledge of various materials of constructions per process requirements.
- Integrate HSE requirements into planning, design and execution of work including PSM and “Management of Change” for PSM applicable area activities.
- Plan and design pilot experimental work per Business requirements.
- Assist with the design of new pilot plants and modification of existing pilot plants.
- Develop equipment lists, prices, and prepare requests for capital spending (AFEs). Actively engage with members of the development team, including Operations, Maintenance, and the Analytical group.
- Monitor pilot plant operations and review ongoing guidelines and instructions to Operations/Maintenance/Analytical and other team members.
- Document and present results of experiment studies and findings.
- Advance programs using a stage-gate process.
- Communicate effectively with Maintenance, Operations, Analytical and Technology Managers to ensure R&D program generates the required technical information for deployment of good engineering design practices.
- Responsible for producing specifications, requisitions, technical bid analysis and vendor data review of all packaged equipment.
- Accredited engineering degree BSME or MSME
- Typically has 2-3 years of mechanical engineering experience in Oil and Gas industry
- Is familiar with codes and standards of ASME, API and ANSI.
- Is current on new scientific engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process.
- Is capable of appropriate use of computer applications and other specialized engineering tools.
- Good inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- They must be a team leader and motivator of staff at all levels, with strong presentation and communication skills.
- They must have good commercial awareness, be very results focused and have good influencing skills.
- They must be able to provide and demonstrate professionalism and sound technical expertise.