Our client, a growing international inspection company in south Houston, is seeking an experienced Inspection Technician to join their team. This role requires consistent and regular travel to client job sites across the US and Canada to provide non-destructive testing to tanks, furnaces, and pipelines for oil, gas and energy clients. Duties include:
- Travel to the clients’ sites to perform pre-inspection visits to ensure technical aspects of inspection projects are run smoothly and progress is communicated effectively with stakeholders.
- Execute on non-destructive inspection projects for clients’ pipelines, furnaces, and tanks, including set up/maintenance/management of equipment, pre-inspection activities, operating equipment, and ensuring data collection/transition.
- Work as a team with Project and Site Managers, inspectors, analysts, and other staff and clients on job sites and in the offices.
- Regularly report on project/inspection status to internal and external/client stakeholders as appropriate.
- Operate all equipment and manage all inspections/projects with safety as a top priority.
This role will require 75% travel across the US and Canada, with some European or Latin American travel on occasion. Two year technical degree or technical certificate (industrial, electronic, or mechanical discipline) is preferred but experience will be considered. NDT Level II UT certification is very highly preferred. Minimum with 3-5+ years of NDT/NDE experience focusing on tank, furnace, and pipeline inspection, with emphasis on ultrasonic testing, including use of oscilloscopes. Electronic experience is needed as well, including comfort with troubleshooting and repairing electrical circuitry and parts.
This is an amazing opportunity to get in on the ground-floor with a dynamic, fast-growing company, put your fingerprint on the organization, and have big impact. The company offers with great pay and benefits, a seasoned leadership team, and an aggressive growth path offering chances for future career growth within the company.