Heavy Industrial Projects Director
A leading provider of maintenance, environmental engineering/remediation, infrastructure EPC program management, and disaster response/recovery for private sector and government customers is seeking a Project Director to manage existing and develop new business opportunities associated with Heavy Industrial/Mechanical construction programs/projects.
Heavy Industrial/Mechanical leverages off of existing company core capabilities involving petroleum/fuel related piping, tanks and other related supporting structures as well as shop fabrication capability into the industrial arena supporting large infrastructure piping projects, heating, ventilation and air conditioning structures, boiler and similar types of systems and other areas focused on infrastructure supporting components for buildings and/or industrial structures.
The successful candidate will manage all phases of program and project activities ranging from small ($1M) to large (>$50M) in value and a variety of scopes that include engineering, procurement, fabrication construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of heavy industrial/mechanical projects principally for the federal government (DoD and DoE) but also potentially for state and local governments, The projects can be geographically dispersed throughout the continental USA as well as outside the continental USA. The successful candidate will also direct preparation of work plans, supervises proposal/bid and project teams, and manages project scope, budget and schedule. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for management of multiple projects through the management of Program and/or Project Managers with the basic objective of completing these projects safely to the client’s satisfaction and to maximize the company’s financial objectives.
- May be responsible for all phases of planning and execution of the largest and most complex of projects. Oversees project safety and quality programs.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements.
- Participates in the marketing, sales and product development teams to implement business development initiatives.
- Works with sales/product development teams to develop a vision, growth and business plan for the industrial/mechanical segment, develops annual budgets for revenue and profit growth, bid/proposal expenditure, and other related indirect cost elements.
- Participates in staffing decisions for proposals and projects, works with HR/Recruitment as well as the Center of Excellence to recruit and hire staff as needed to execute proposals and projects.
- Engineering or Construction Management degree.
- Professional certification preferred.
- Seasoned professional with 20+ years’ experience with ability to put in place and execute a winning strategy for a large (>$50M) construction program with a focus on Mechanical Piping and Structural Steel Installation / Erection/Welding – Civil / Earthwork experience a plus.
- Ability to understand potential client needs and be the Proposal Technical Lead, develop an execution strategy and pull together a coordinated team of subcontractors.
- Ability to develop / build a team of personnel to develop/grow a construction program with multiple clients
- Record of successful project management of construction for Federal Government
- Direct relevant knowledge of structural, industrial, mechanical, and plant maintenance type projects.
- 15 years+ of project management experience in delivering projects for the Federal Government.
- Demonstrated project management experience on three or more $20 million+ Federal programs/projects
- Understands the policies, processes and procedures of Federal build from plan and design-build construction projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and develop positive relationships with other stakeholders including but not limited to Engineers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, Fabricators, and Owner’s representatives
- Deploys resources to achieve financial and business objectives across multiple functional areas, shapes and integrates functional strategies.
- Has in-depth functional and business expertise.
- Applies expertise to create financial and operational solutions that apply across multiple functional areas.
- Leverages relationships with key internal/external customers to support business needs Identifies business issues that may impact organizational results.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing federal program operations including competitive and direct award contracts for construction, design-build, and rapid response.
- Minimum 10 years field construction experience including familiarity with federal safety programs (EM-385) and quality control systems such as the USACE 3-Phase System.
- Experienced managing projects/programs for US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Air Force Civil Engineering Center (AFCEC), and Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC)
- Experienced with federal rapid response contracts typically related to a disaster situation or are determined to be time sensitive by the federal government.
- Manages and deploys resources within and/or across multiple functional areas.
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems that cross functional lines.
- Develops business plans to achieve functional or cross-functional objectives. Negotiates with and /influences customers and/or organizational leadership to set priorities and solidify relationships.
- Leverages the performance management cycle to motivate employees and support achievement of objectives.
- Compensation Package commensurate with the industry
- Full Benefits
- Immediate start date
Houston, TX or Dallas, TX