Immediate opening for a Senior Coastal Engineer / Program Manager to serve as local office leader for a leading engineering firm with a global presence and a thriving coastal engineering practice. This position has tremendous growth and career development potential for a passionate, motivated and experienced coastal engineer and leader. The candidate selected will report to the Director of Coastal Restoration and have the opportunity to manage a diverse coastal engineering team and challenging restoration projects in Florida and along the US Gulf and East Coast. This position will also assist with marketing plans for growing our Coastal, Ports and Marine business line and will be a strategic addition to our well-established team of highly qualified coastal engineers and marine scientists.
The position is a broad-based engineering management position with a concentration in coastal restoration projects involving client contact, engineering team management, marketing and sales, feasibility analyses, engineering designs, limited computer modeling, report preparation, permitting and construction engineering services. Specific responsibilities are expected to include:
- Lead project teams in the design process for coastal restoration projects from conceptual design to detailed designs including plans, specifications and construction documents.
- Perform project management activities in a lead role being responsible for scope, budget and schedule working in close coordination with project team, sub-consultants and client.
- Design, manage and contribute to field programs and field data analysis.
- Define numerical modeling needs for coastal restoration projects; provide guidance to the numerical modeling team and QA/QC numerical modeling results.
- Serve as direct manager and mentor to a diverse engineering and numerical modelling staff to seek continuous improvement though implementation of lessons learned and performance evaluations.
- Participate in business development activities, write proposals and prepare and present selection presentations.
- Assist with marketing strategies for the Coastal Restoration service line.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Coastal Engineering or related scientific field.10 years of combined work/study experience in a coastal engineering.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or ability to be licensed in the state of Florida within 1 year of hire.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills in designing coastal projects.
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication skills suitable to a consulting environment.
- Demonstrated strength and experience with direct report management and mentoring of engineering staff.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to fluently communicate in spoken and written English.Have a passion for working in a consulting firm environment on coastal projects.
- Experience with preparation of proposals, selection presentations and business development.
- Willingness to travel in support of business and project activities.
- Have the ability to handle multiple assignments efficiently and effectively.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision for short periods of time and with our multidisciplinary team of professionals and staff.
- Graduate degree (M.Sc., PhD) in Coastal Engineering or related field.
- Experience in project design development from conceptual to detailed design level.
- Experience with the development of construction bid packages and job construction estimate.
- Experience with the development of field data collection plans and data analysis.
- Experience with numerical modeling of coastal processes including wave propagation, currents and wave-current interaction, storm surge and flooding, sediment transport and morphology change.
- Experience with beach nourishment projects in the state of Florida and/or other Gulf states.Strong quantitative abilities and computer expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large project teams and to interact with clients, permitting agencies and other stakeholders.
- Involvement in the coastal engineering community through participation in associations, presentation in conferences and publication of conference and journal papers.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Location– Boca Raton, Florida